Ethnographic research workshop: Sharing your research findings
This online workshop is the fourth in a series of ethnographic research workshops organized in partnership with Fulbridge, the Fulbrighter Network, and EducArte. The workshops are for Fulbright alumni, current Fulbrighters, and prospective Fulbrighters, or for anyone interested in ethnographic research. We welcome people from all fields and disciplines to share their experiences and expertise.
This workshop (on Zoom) will be an open forum discussion about sharing ethnographic research findings. Some of the questions we will discuss are:
- What are some of the ways that we share or apply our research findings? (Publications? Forums? Community events? Festivals?)
- What are some concerns with translating lived experiences into written form?
- How do we talk about both positive and negative experiences when we return home, and in different contexts (in the classroom, at conferences, in publications, etc.)?
- What does it mean to become a cultural ambassador, as central to the Fulbright mission?
- How do we maintain connections in the host country and create networks for future work? How do we build research collaborations or mentoring relationships?